Frequently Asked Questions?
- How do I contact my child’s teacher? Your child’s teacher can best be reached by email during distance learning time. All emails are: (Southwest Room) Thelma McCauley — ; (East Room) Kaushika Shanbhag — ; (Fireplace Room) Allison Potter — ; (Distance Learning) Nancy Schwartz —
- Who else can I contact with questions during distance learning time? Our administrative staff is also available by email: Kelley Ciraulo, Head of School — ; Amy Berglind — Business Manager/Registrar — ; Linda Bailey, Montessori Curriculum Supervisor — ; Anne Butler, Student Support Director,
- How will all live meetings be held? Our school uses the program “zoom” for online live meetings.
- How do I download Zoom? To download and install the Zoom Application: Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center, click on the Download button under “Zoom Client For Meetings”. This application will automatically download when you start your first Zoom Meeting. You can also download the Zoom app on your iPad or tablet.
- What do I need to know about Zoom? Please have your child’s video and audio on and ready to go for a meeting. Your child’s teacher can then control those options if they need to be turned off. Please make sure your child is sitting at a working space: on the floor, desk, or table just like school. Please do not eat while at a meeting — save that for snack time.
- What can I do at home to support distance learning? Having a designated work area for your child in your home is so important. Provide them with the supplies they need in an organized fashion: cups for markers, pencils, crayons, scissors and glue. Have their work that you they need to complete available and ready for them.